Mental Health Matters Month 2019
2019 Activation Kit
We are excited to share the 2019 May is Mental Health Matters Month activation kit. This year’s theme is “Strength in Community.”
This past year, California saw more than its fair share of devastation – both natural and man-made. Communities left distraught in the wake of it all wondered how they’d “bounce back.” Research states that resilience is not a trait that people either have or do not have. It includes learned behaviors, thoughts and actions that can be developed in anyone. Therefore, we have an ongoing opportunity within our communities to build resilience among those around us to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
California continues to lead the way on mental health, with more individuals and organizations joining the movement every day to ensure that we all understand, respect and prioritize mental health. It’s our collective voices that have been amplified in unison that has brought forth change with elected officials, increased the number of people speaking out and continued raising awareness about mental health and suicide prevention.
This May we encourage Californian communities to seek out the commonalities we have, fortify the road ahead and collectively continue to build the latticework of resiliency.
Below you’ll find tools and activities designed to help you build resilient communities. Below you will find links to all of the items in the 2019 activation kit, including files to share via email, social media and by printing. You can also download the toolkit on the Each Mind Matters Resource Center. And if you missed the Each Mind Matters webinar about the toolkit and examples of how other county and community agencies are celebrating Mental Health Awareness Month, you can view the slides and recording here. Check back on our website throughout April and May as we’ll be uploading more helpful tools. If you have any questions, please email: [email protected].
- Fence activity page
- Drawing inspiration from street art and this year’s theme of #StrengthInCommunity, this fence activation is fun, easy, and will spark conversations about mental health across the state. Click here to for details and instructions.
- Lime green ribbon door hanger
- DIY ribbon wall activity
- Message cards – The business size message cards provide inspirational messages to share with others. A total of 11 designs are provided: two bilingual, five in English and four in Spanish.
- Mental health materials
- Mental Health Support Guide
- Mental Health Matters Month poster
- Tip sheet for creating connections
- Social media – Each Mind Matters has a variety of written, visual and animated social media posts in English and Spanish. Share away! And please remember to use #EachMindMatters and #SanaMente!
- Drop in article – Share this drop-in article for placement in newsletters, blogs and local media.
- Mental Health Awareness Month Email Templates – These email templates are designed to help you promote your mental health month activities with your staff, PEI providers and community partners. They are provided as Word documents and can easily be customized. Below are links to preview the email drafts as PDFs; and you can access the templates in Word documents here.
- English emails
- Spanish emails
Visit the Each Mind Matters store for lime green promotional and educational materials. And be sure to RSVP for these events, one in Southern California and one in Sacramento.
You can also search for more events or add your own here.