2018 Mental Health Matters Month Toolkit
PLEASE NOTE: This is the toolkit page for May 2018. For our new 2019 May Activation Kit, click here.
Deeper Connections: From Small Talk to Real Talk
Welcome to the 2018 Each Mind Matters/SanaMente toolkit for May is Mental Health Matters Month. With the theme of “Deeper Connections: From Small Talk to Real Talk,” we’re focusing on strengthening social support networks, which research suggests can contribute to a healthier, happier life. Additionally, we are excited to offer our first fully bilingual toolkit in English and Spanish, aligned with our efforts to better reach California’s diverse Latino population through SanaMente: el Movimiento de Salud Mental de California.
Below you will find links to all of the items in the 2018 toolkit, including files to share via email, social media and by printing. You can also download the toolkit on the Each Mind Matters Resource Center. And if you missed the Each Mind Matters webinar about the toolkit and examples of how other county and community agencies are celebrating Mental Health Awareness Month, you can view the slides and recording here. Check back on our website throughout April and May as we’ll be uploading more helpful tools. If you have any questions, please email: [email protected].
- May Toolkit Introduction Letter
- Ribbon Wall Activity Poster – The new Ribbon Wall Activity is designed to encourage open conversations about mental health, while reducing social distance between people who are struggling and potential helpers.
- Die cut lime green ribbon
- Message cards – The business size message cards provide inspirational messages to share with others. A total of 10 designs are provided: two bilingual, four in English and four in Spanish.
- Mental health materials
- Mental Health Support Guide
- Mental Health Matters Month poster
- “Say This Not That” tip sheet
- Social media guide – Coming Soon! The social media guide provides a variety of written, visual and animated social media posts in English and Spanish. Share away! And please remember to use #EachMindMatters and #SanaMente!
- Web banners
- Mental Health Awareness Month Email Templates – These email templates are designed to help you promote your mental health month activities with your staff, PEI providers and community partners. They are provided as a Word document and can easily be customized. Below are links to preview the email drafts as PDFs; and you can access the templates in Word documents here.
Visit the Each Mind Matters store for lime green promotional and educational materials. And be sure to RSVP for these events, one in Southern California and one in Sacramento.
You can also search for more events or add your own here.