Join the Movement
By adding your voice to Each Mind Matters, you are strengthening California’s Mental Health Movement. There are many ways to get involved and start spreading mental health awareness today.
Wear Lime Green!
Did you know lime green is the official color of mental health awareness? It can be used as a conversation starter to say “I support mental health awareness and I believe Each Mind Matters!”
Here are some ways you can incorporate lime green into your daily lives:
- Wear a support ribbon or even a lime green neck tie.
- Turn your manicure into a conversation starter and paint your nails.
- Visit the Each Mind Matters shop to get ribbons, wristbands and many more branded items.
Use your social media to share information about mental health with your networks. Make sure to follow @EachMindMatters on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. And don’t forget to use the hashtag #EachMindMatters.
- Share our stories of hope and resilience with your followers.
- Check out this video as a starting point on how to use social media.
- Retweet or share our social media posts.
- Copy, paste and share a pre-written post.
Start a conversation about mental health with a friend, family member, co-worker or peer. An important way to reduce stigma around mental illness is to have open and honest conversations and let others know you support mental health.
- This video can give you tips on how to open up about this sensitive topic.
- Here’s a handout you can print to remind everyone that each mind matters.
- If you believe a loved one is at risk of suicide, visit SuicideIsPreventable.org to learn about the warning signs and how you can help.
Still curious about how you can join the mental health movement?
- Sign up to receive the Each Mind Matters newsletter. This monthly email will keep you up-to-date on the latest mental health news and provide more tips for getting involved.
- Check out our events page to find an event near you and support local and statewide efforts to raise awareness of mental health and suicide prevention.
Thank you for your support! Every effort, no matter how small, gets us closer to ending stigma.