Gearing Up for Mental Health Matters Month
It’s almost Mental Health Matters Month, the most lime green month of the year! This year, Each Mind Matters is placing a special focus to encourage everyone to start conversations, listen openly to one another and support a loved one with mental health challenges. We are excited to share new tools and events that will get you in the spirit and help you spread mental health awareness in your community.
New May Toolkit
The May toolkit is full of brand new resources to help you spread the word. Download these tools and then get social, get snapping and even get to baking in lime green fashion:
- A new spin on the ribbon wall activity is a fun way for everyone to give a shout out to their Lime Green Champions.
- Email blasts that you can customize and send out to your network.
- Social media posts and videos to share on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Remember to use the hashtags #EachMindMatters and #MillionsLikeMe in your Mental Health Matters Month posts, and tag us @EachMindMatters.
- A Say This Not That tip sheet to help you have meaningful conversations about mental health with loved ones that need support.
- Recipes for Each Mind Matters sugar cookies and limeade. Why not spread awareness with snacks?
- 7 Listening Tips from our friends at Sidewalk Talk, an international listening movement that teaches people how to be effective listeners and compassionate community members so everyone can support one another. Watch the video below to learn more about Sidewalk Talk or visit their website, sidewalktalksf.com.
There are so many exciting events that are sure to get people talking about mental health this May. Here are just a few and you can visit the Events Page to find more events near you:
- May 11 – Directing Change Awards Ceremony, Escondido
- May 17 – EMM at the Giants, San Francisco
- Each Mind Matters and the San Francisco Giants are teaming up to raise awareness about mental health! Join us at AT&T Park where EMM will showcase our latest PSA and outreach materials.
- May 18 – Real Talk with Hannah Hart: Speaking Up about Mental Health, San Rafael
- Comedian, author and actress Hannah Hart is coming to Rodef Sholom! YouTube sensation Hannah Hart will share about her experiences growing up with a mom suffering from schizophrenia, her own mental health journey and her perspective on dismantling the stigma around mental illness. Click here to reserve your seat.
- May 24 – Mental Health Matters Day, Sacramento
- Speaking up about mental health is an essential part of battling stigma, and our voices are amplified when we speak up together. Gather at the state capitol to show support for mental health awareness, find valuable resources and be inspired by this year’s speakers.
Show Your Support
There are many ways you can get involved. Here are a few more ideas:
- Raise awareness by passing out lime green ribbons in your community
- Download, print and post the 11″x 17″ Mental Health Matters Poster in your office or common area.
- Take a pledge and share how you will be an advocate for mental health. We just may share your pledge on our social media!
- Wear lime green! And don’t forget to add this twibbon to your social media account.
How do you plan to get involved this Mental Health Matters Month? Let us know by tagging @EachMindMatters on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.